Dreamy, intelligent music that takes you on a languid, introspective journey. Danny Wolfers is channeling the universal truth on this album.
Favorite track: A Singing Giraffe On A Drizzly Town Square.
Worth owning just for "Slow Tape Life" and "The Fire That Will Always Burn In You". This more ambient release is far from a passive listening experience. Take the time to really listen and enjoy the multitude of ideas, layers and timbre that converge on "A Vampire Goes West"
Favorite track: Slow Tape Life.
Legowelt’s cult ambient alias SMACKOS returns after 7 years with a new album called ‘A Vampire Goes West’. An all out smackos ‘amateur space jazz meets professional ambient’ experience clocking in at almost 80 minutes. Recorded in complete seclusion in the course of last christmas throughout the early days of the new year at his home studio on the North Sea coast.
This album comes with:
- Liner Notes & Stories.pdf- some background information about this release, the files and stories about the tracks
- High resolution files of the original album CD cover
- PDFs of the ASCII art world/cryptological Map zine which includes a quest/competition/puzzle to be solved
- The original ASCII-world artwork map, this is in HTML so you can explore it for clues in any browser, rename the .txt filename extension to .html to make it work (This is because Bandcamp won't let you put html files in the release)
- Smackos Wallpaper - make your computerlife more adventurous with this out of the box desktop background screen.
- A bunch of Photographs that have something to do with this album
- The original promotional audio trailer infomercial (change .mp4 file extension to mp3 if it doesn't play)
supported by 52 fans who also own “A Vampire Goes West”
I probably wouldn't have listened to this without the context of it being about dementia, but even without that context, this is a real work of art. The distorted big-band samples create a sound that starts out nostalgic, and becomes disturbing and confused, then fades into emptiness, but is enthralling all the way through. Stage 4 is my favorite, simultaneously defying musical logic and upholding it. Ivan Stanton
supported by 47 fans who also own “A Vampire Goes West”
Listening to this album was a revelation to me. I listened almost all of Stinson and Donald projects. How deep their music touches me, this is a masterpiece and my favorite of all of their music. Love the sound of it. Thank you so much master. Francois Laurin-Burgess